1 November 2021 | By: Writing Buddha

Movie Review: Hum Do Hamare Do: A Good Opportunity wasted! 2.75*/5) !!!

1971st BLOG POST


I remember watching Vikrant Massey and Kriti Kharbanda’s 14 Phere some months ago on OTT platform which was based on establishing a completely fake families on both sides so that the couple can get married. I got almost the same vibes from the movie “Hum Do Hamare Do” which I watched yesterday on Disnep+ Hotstar starring Rajkummar Rao and Kriti Sanon. It also has a similar kind of storyline where the boy needs fake parents so that they can meet the girl’s family for taking the marriage ahead as the girl wants to get married with the boy who has a family whereas the boy, here, is an orphan.

 

The movie starts fine introducing us with all the characters. You like the romantic angle initially when both the main characters- Dhruv and Anya are coming close to each other and eventually fall in love. The main story angle coming into the picture also impresses you as you see Dhruv and his friend, Shunty, running down here and there to see who can play Dhruv’s fake parents in front of Anya and her family. After Paresh Rawal and Ratna Pathak Shah comes into the segment, it becomes very hard for you to see anyone else on the screen. Their chemistry and acting does wonders to the movie which was not finding anything impressive to deliver until then.

 

There are couple of laughter moments in between where you enjoy the confusions of fake parents whenever they are in front of Anya’s family but after a point of time, when the marriage proceeding begins, the movie again becomes very slow. The story is definitely predictive as you know the whole fake parent scenario shall get busted sooner or later. Even the pre-climax and climax happens the way you have projected it to happen with your experience of watching similar Bollywood stories in all these years. I must say if you divide this movie into 3 parts, the 1st part is all about the romantic angle which is just okayish and has nothing special to deliver. The 2nd part is about few laughter moments and is the only impressive part in the movie. The 3rd part is just predictable and quick – I don’t know why – maybe writers wanted to wrap the happy ending soon rather than making the audience little more curious. Again, I don’t know why.

 

The dialogues are fine. The cinematography is also good as some locales are very nicely presented on the screen. The music of the movie is soothing though you won’t remember a single track after the movie ends. The last promotional song – Bansuri is a very catchy number and it is something you would like to hear while working out or dancing.

 

Talking about the performances, Ratna Pathak Shah is the show-stealer here as she has the character’s attitude all along with her. Every time she is on the screen, you want to watch how she is reacting to things. Paresh Rawal is good in almost 75% of the scenes whereas in the other 25%, it seems he is just sleepwalking through the movie. Rajkummar Rao is the man because of whom I didn’t leave watching this movie in between – the conviction of character on his face just keeps doing magic in almost every movie he does. Kriti Sanon has played her part fine but I was expecting a lot more here after her incredible performance in Mimi. All the other supporting actors have done a fine job.

 

Overall, this is a movie you need to watch if you have nothing else to view on the OTT platforms. I give this movie 2.75 stars out of 5.

 

Thanks.

 

WRITING BUDDHA 



0 CoMMenTs !!! - U CaN aLSo CoMMenT !!!:

Post a Comment

Select Name/URL profile to comment. In Name, write your name and in URL, leave it blank or give your Twitter/Facebook profile Link and post your comment if you don't have Google A/c. :-) I will reply to your comments. (I am unable to moderate all the comments here because of low-efficiency of my website but I do reply if you provide me with your email-ID. Thanks a lot.