Saturday, 17 February 2018 | By: Writing Buddha

I Owed You One by Madhu Vajpayee (Book Review- 3.75*/5) !!!

1626th BLOG POST -->>

I am finally done reading Dr. Madhu Vajpayee’s 2nd book named “I Owed You One”. The book is published by Lifi publications and consist of almost 260 pages. Being a female, authoress have chosen to write the book in first person for a male protagonist. Nowhere while reading can you guess that the book is not written by the same gender considering how the authoress have managed to get a male protagonist’s emotions right. The book is very dark as it’s about a boy who has suffered all his life due to his father’s cold attitude towards him and his mother. And that particular thing leads to one and other events in life which does not leave him till a long time.

Madhu’s writing style is very intriguing and impresses the reader with the first chapter itself. The timelines in the book is nicely managed which does not confuse you because of several characters and multiple twists and turns. As this book is more about the emotional journey of a boy, authoress has very nicely captured all of them. You will be able to relate with the character and his pain. The good thing about the book is that it keeps changing its plot every 30-40 pages in the first 60% of the book while the rest 40% is about one particular plot that is been discussed. All the characters are treated very well and you won’t find any character disappeared at all after a point of time.

The pre-climax does get little slow and uninteresting as the story gets stuck at a particular instance and could not grow due to the limitations in the plot written by the writer. But the climax is ended well without making the book seem incomplete. Though I expected a lot from the story the way the first half was going but second half is little boring when compared to that. Overall, the book’s narrative is very poetic and you can feel the emotions throughout. I give this 3.75* out of 5. 


Thanks.

ABHILASH RUHELA!!! 


0 CoMMenTs !!! - U CaN aLSo CoMMenT !!!:

Post a Comment

Select Name/URL profile to comment. In Name, write your name and in URL, leave it blank or give your Twitter/Facebook profile Link and post your comment if you don't have Google A/c. :-) I will reply to your comments. (I am unable to moderate all the comments here because of low-efficiency of my website but I do reply if you provide me with your email-ID. Thanks a lot.