8 October 2016 | By: Writing Buddha

Review: M S Dhoni The Untold Story: Inspirational!!! ***½

1503rd BLOG POST -->>

M S DHONI The Untold Story: 3.5/5

India is crazy about Cricket and when it comes to certain heroic superstars in this game, Indians can spend anything of their life in meeting them or feeling to be closer to them. When it was announced that M S Dhoni is himself interested in closely working with the makers who are making a movie on his own life, it came as a surprise and the movie has been awaited since then. I saw it the first thing after getting the leave from office and I thoroughly enjoyed watching the movie. I understand that covering almost every essential fact about a renowned personality in 3 hours is difficult but whatever has been shown creates impact. Few scenes are not that effective but still, M S Dhoni is the movie for which you should take out your 3 hours from the busy schedule and watch how a normal boy from Ranchi makes it big internationally and still stays as natural as possible.

Neeraj Pandey is one of the most trusted directors in Bollywood today. And he has implemented 80% of his best in this movie. For the rest 20% which he missed of what I think his overall potential is, I am sure he is going to make it 120% in his next venture. Right from the first scene, the movie keeps you interested and doesnt let you feel that its 3 hours 10 minutes long one. All the characters are used in balance and the casting is also perfect- Right from Dhoni's father to his sister to his coaches to Yuvraj Singh's younger version etc. 

The efforts of the technical and VFX team is also visible in the scenes which is picked straight from the real videos and Dhoni's face is replaced with Sushant's. The best part of the movie is that it doesn't appreciate Dhoni blindly. Everything is kept toned down accordingly without making him look like God in disguise of a human being. The love angles are also shown in a very decent manner but it has been an interruption in the flow of movie but even that was an untold story which was must for the makers to show on the screen. 

Talking about the performances in the movie, Sushant Singh Rajput as M S Dhoni did a phenomenal job that you cant list any other actor who could have done perfect job as him. Every emotion, body language, walking style, talking style etc makes us believe that we are watching none other than Dhoni. Good thing has been that he is not mimicking him but playing him which is very difficult for any actor in a biopic. Talking about the actresses, both Disha Patani and Kiara Advani did a wonderful job but Disha Patani almost overshadows Kiara. Anupam Kher and all the other supporting actors have also done a great job including the actor who plays the younger version of Yuvraj Singh. 

The drawbacks of the movie are that we are just shown M S Dhoni's life from an upper perspective rather than going inside his heart and knowing what exactly he felt during the moments we want to know what the legend was thinking. His tactics on field is also not discussed at all about how he keeps his calm and still manages to come out with a solution. What made him think of going to the bat up in the list in the World Cup final. How the captaincy was given to him. How was his first meeting with his idol, Sachin Tendulkar etc. These things make M S Dhoni's fans little disappointed as 95% of what is shown in the movie is already known to them. Rest, I would say this has to be watched irrespective of whatever lacking it has. I give the movie 3.5 stars out of 5.



0 CoMMenTs !!! - U CaN aLSo CoMMenT !!!:

Post a Comment